Thursday, April 07, 2005

a few of my favorite things...

Yesterday was a great day. After work, we went and picked up my bike from the bike shop. They had done a great job of getting it ready for some real riding - even installed the computer Tera (my pregnant little sister) gave me. Now I can keep track of my speed, distance, etc. So, of course, we had to go for a ride. I had gotten an email from the Library letting me know that The Bell Jar was in, so I took the two books I had finished reading and we rode to the library. There are lots of hills in the middle of this town, but we got there. Picked up my books (I had to grab another James Patterson book), then took off toward the fishing lake. We rode around the fishing lake and then headed back home. By this time, we were starving. A new Italian restaurant just opened up in town, so we decided to go have dinner there. We changed quick and headed over. It is such a fun restaurant. It's theme is the Roaring 20's/Gangsters, etc. The food was great, the atmosphere was fun. Basically, a perfect night: bikes, books, and pasta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great evening! I love the Spring!

Where do you bike

Miranda said...

All over town. Once we get a weekend with nothing scheduled, I'd like to go over to Mickelson Trail in the Black Hills. It's a really pretty ride.

They have good bike paths all through and around Gillette, so we can go anywhere in town for now.