Wednesday, June 15, 2005

birthday blues

Tomorrow is Kyle's birthday. All of my plans to surprise him with great birthday gifts are going up in smoke. I'm very sad. For instance, I got him a new iPod mini I knew he would love. I let him open one present early since I hadn't seen him all week and was feeling like a softy. He opened the iPod, was really excited about it, went to download all of his music off of iTunes... and.. nothing. His operating system needed to be upgraded in order to work with the stupid iPod. So, we had to order the latest, greatest Mac OS. This added a fun $130 to the gift and is on order and won't be here until Friday, if we're lucky. So, he has a great new toy that he can't play with. All of the little "side" presents have arrived and are wrapped. That's the good news. More bad news - the "BIG" present that i'm getting him (I can't say what it is, because he might read this) was ordered last week and I was told it would be 5 days until it was in. We're going on 7 days and still nothing. The manager will be calling me tomorrow with the status of the order. IT NEEDS TO BE HERE TOMORROW! I'm sad. I had such good intentions and planned ahead... and still, there will not be the Greatest Birthday Ever that I had planned. :(

1 comment:

Duck Hunter said...

i'm sorry that your plans are not coming together. I'm sure it will work out for you.

It also makes me feel better about not planning ahead, because it just doesn't seem worth it. :)