Saturday, February 25, 2006

tulsa... with the girls

Wednesday night, The Pooh and Amber came over to Tulsa to hang out. We went to a restaurant called On The Border and ate WAY, WAY too much food. Chips and Queso, Dinner, and Dessert. We had to..... Then, The Pooh introduced us to Accessory City, the LARGEST accessory store you have ever seen. 100's of purses, jewelry, hats, sunglasses, etc. I would've LOVED this store in high school - getting ready for formals. It was awesome. I got a couple of things. Then, we headed back to the hotel to chat. It was fun, we looked up some friends blogs and showed each other pics of all our nieces. It was so much fun, I love seeing those girls. I miss them. Wish I was closer. We were joking that I have seen them more in the past 4 months than in the past 5 years combined. It made me think about old friends and how hard it is to keep in touch. You really have to put some effort into keeping some friendships. It's not easy! Makes me think of an old girl scout song: "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold." Don't know which is which, but I love all of my friends and I love seeing them again.

Me, Amber, and The Pooh

No comments: