Thursday, August 31, 2006

Sports Spectacular!

Last week we got a cryptic message from Jessica: "Do you guys like football?" So, I immediately called her back to let her know that "YES, We LOVE it!" and was super excited to have her invite us down to Denver for the Broncos pre-season game Sunday night. Kyle & I decided to make a weekend of it and were offered Rockies tickets by my boss (he has connections, apparently). So, we got treated to a weekend of free tickets! Super fun. We headed down to Denver early Saturday morning and got a bike ride in before getting ready and heading to the Rockies game:

Outside Coors Field

We had great seats. However, we were totally confused. Our tickets said section 2 hundred and something and we totally couldn't figure out how to get there. After traipsing to the upper deck and getting nowhere, we finally asked someone and found out we had club level seats! Club level! Ok, we had no idea what that meant either. And all it really meant is that you enter your level through a fancy elevator and you have a few more expensive food options. But, the seats were great and we sat by fun people. Oh, and the weather was good, which is a first for a rockies game.
Inside Coors Field

Sunday we got up early and went biking again. I totally crashed on my bike. Ok, I didn't crash so much as tip over. Yes, I tipped over on my bike. I banged up my knee and my elbow and got a bruise on my hip. Totally embarrassing. Luckily, only Kyle saw. But, he's been telling people about it ever since. So, how do you tip over on your bike? Well, I was clipped in on one side and starting tilting to that side and couldn't get clipped out or regain my balance. Kyle totally ignored my cried for "HELP! HELP!" :) I'm such a dork. But, after all that hard work, we met up with Bryan and Jessica at the Cheesecake Factory (YES!) and then headed to the game:

Bronco Fans


Jessica & Bryan (also Bronco Fans)

It was super fun. I had never been to a Broncos game, so I was into all of it. The Broncos won, which I'm sure was only because I was there cheering them on. Seriously. Afterwards, Bryan insisted that we get dessert. So we went to the Macaroni Grill (YES!) and had appetizers AND dessert. Not great for the diet. Oh well. Super weekend, just super.

No comments: