Tuesday, March 22, 2005

I am your target market.

I buy into the hype of everything. Pampered chef (was there life before a $20 spatula?), time shares (so what if we're now $10,000 in debt - we have built-in vacations!), the home shopping network (only three payments of $39.99?!). So, it should've came to no surprise to me that I was totally "gotten" by a commercial. Here's the story: On a recent trip to Kmart for chapstick (this neck of the woods is VERY dry - and winter makes it worse), Kyle thought maybe he'd just go with the traditional cheap stuff. Here's the conversation:

Me: You know, I heard the new Neosporin LT is really good.
Kyle: Oh yeah? (Upon spotting the box) It's a little spendy.
Me: I'm sure it's worth it, it works great.
Kyle: Who told you this?
Me: I saw it on TV
Kyle: Are you serious?!
Me: Yeah, it works. And hey, it's neosporin.
Kyle: Are you serious?!
Me: I SAW THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES. IT WORKS. BUY IT.
Kyle: (Shakes his head and walks away)

It was at that point that I knew I needed some help. Is there a support group for something like this?

No comments: