Saturday, March 24, 2007

running.... or not....

So far this year, I've ran 164 miles. 95% of the miles were ran with someone, sometimes talking, sometimes just trying to breathe, and a few times pushing a stroller. This morning, the plan was to run with Jenni (my usual running partner) at 10. I woke up late and frantically called her to tell her I was on my way. No need to worry, though, Jenni had thrown her back out the previous night and wouldn't be running today. So, I did what any good runner would do: charged my iPod and checked the weather. 60 degrees, nice. So I sat down to think about what to wear.... and never actually went for a run. Instead, I did some work, did some laundry, caught up on EVERYONE's blogs, and watched a little tv. I even showered and did my hair. Why do I feel guilty? I think it's because I'm so close to my goal weight, I feel like I need to use every chance I have to work out. Weird. So, I'm sitting here telling myself it's ok to take a day off, I'll run tomorrow. But, I know that if anyone called me to run today, I'd go. I'm a social runner. I'd rather run 7 or 8 miles with someone than 3 or 4 alone. So, if anyone wants to run today, give me a call...

p.s. Sorry for taking so long to post. I'll try to be better!

2 comments:

Duck Hunter said...

I'm more of a bike rider, than a runner. In contrast to what you were saying, I'd rather go alone.

Sounds like you still had a productive day, so you shouldn't feel too guilty.

Unknown said...

if we lived close to you, i would go running with you!